Thursday, August 11, 2011

POEM OF THE NAWAB SIR SADIQ (V)

WRITTEN IN THE HOLY CITY OF MADINA

His highness Nawab Sir Sadiq Muhamamd Khan Fifth Abbassi, the Aamir of Bahawalpur wrote this poem in 1935 in Madina for Masjid Nabwi.

Thy honoured name hath drawn to me to these Holy Landa.

At last I have come hopeful with outstretched hands.

Through a trange lands so various and over many a sea.

O Wenderful one Allah's well loved I have come to thee.

Journeying through the rocky mountains, the scorching heat and sand.

Now before they Holy Shrine I in humiliation stand.

And to gain from the light of kindness and little spark.

To ever guide and light me If i ever stumble in the dark.

O' Prophet kind it is for thee, to say and I thyslave shall abide.

But oh do not send me away, disheartened from thy side.

Though times good and bad have come and gone.

Always thee and only thee for help I have looked upon.

My prayers and supplications varios through they be.

Are all uttered with hope, expectations, trust and sincerity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am a student of MS(CS), and also a computer software engineer and web developer.